Step By Step Early Intervention Provider is committed to creating partnerships with children and families to foster and encourage the development of infants and young children with developmental delays. Services we provide services for children from birth to three years old. Our goal is to work in partnership with families to develop and implement strategies that address specific goals.
We believe the best model for success is collaborative – families working together with therapists.
Our services include:
- Evaluation services-Practitioners will formally evaluate your child in 7 areas of development utilizing standardized measures.
- Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP).– After your child has been evaluated and identified with a developmental delay, Step By Step practitioners will develop an IFSP document with the family and Early Intervention Service Coordinator. This plan will document targeted outcomes related to your concerns and priorities, the services recommended by the evaluation team practitioners to assist your family with these outcomes, and an initial strategy discussion to provide you with immediate assistance with stated outcomes.
- Communication services-Practitioners will demonstrate strategies to help you to encourage your child’s expressive communication and help your child develop an understanding of words spoken to them.
- Social-Emotional services-Practitioners will demonstrate strategies to help you to understand and promote healthy attachments and age appropriate behaviors for your child.
- Gross Motor services– Practitioners will demonstrate strategies to help you to encourage your child to move through space and focus on large body movements.
- Fine Motor services– Practitioners will demonstrate strategies to help you to encourage your child to use their hands for play and focus on small movement activities.
- Cognitive services-Practitioners will demonstrate strategies to help you to encourage your child to learn through appropriate play using toys, problem solving, and imagination.
- Self-Help/Adaptive Skills services– Practitioners will demonstrate strategies to help you to encourage your child to perform daily activities/skills. (Step By Step is not a feeding clinic)
- Sensory services– Practitioners will demonstrate strategies to help you to understand all aspects of the sensory system and help you to encourage your child to respond appropriately to their environment.
- Social Work services-Practitioners will assist your family with exploring appropriate community resources, educational materials, and crisis intervention referrals to support your family through the Early Intervention process.
*Each practitioner holds an appropriate license and/or certification as required by their specific discipline.
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech & Language Pathologists
- Developmental Interventionists (which include Early Childhood and Special Education Teachers as well as Behavioral Specialists)
- Social Workers
If you believe your child may need Early Intervention Services, please call toll free: 1-888-653-4463
Contact Information Step By Step, Early Intervention Provider
|Director: TerraAnn Madden, MSW, CSW, CSSW
Phone: 856 767-4180